Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yum.

Husband finished his summer school classes this week. They were really kicking his ass, so he was relieved to be done with them (Although, he did awesome!).

To celebrate, I made bellini's and bruschetta.

The bruschetta were such a big hit, I wanted to share the recipe. In full disclosure, I first learned about these from Jeff Johnson, the owner of Sauce's Restaurant. I fell in love with them instantly, and while I don't know his recipe, I am sharing the version I made with you. Enjoy!



bruschetta with balsamic and goat cheese
You will need:
  • a baguette
  • chevre (goat cheese)
  • balsamic vinegar
  • a container of good quality bruschetta
    of course, you could make your own bruschetta too. But if you buy everything premade, it only take about 5 minutes to prepare. (I bought all my ingredients from Trader's Joes)


Directions:
  • Lighty toast baguette slices.
  • Sprinkle balsamic vinegar on each piece.
    you only need a couple drops per slice. Either cover the top of the bottle with your thumb, or use a spoon as a dropper to control the pour.
  • Spread a layer of goat cheese on each slice.
  • Place them back in the oven (while the oven is off, but still warm) to let the cheese soften a bit.
  • Right before serving, place a spoonful of bruschetta on each slice.
and, enjoy!


No comments: