Sunday, August 23, 2009

Little Foot-Jewelry!

For anyone that knows me in real life, I'm not very big into shoes.

Mainly, it's the fact that I suffer with a condition known as "abnormally large, bulbous feet".
Seriously, I wear a size 11. So for the most part, no one makes shoes in my size. Or, while the may be cute as a size 7, they look mutated and creepy when they are enlarged to an 11.

(Coincidentally, the one good thing Paris Hilton has ever accomplished was making designers aware that there is a market for larger sized shoes!)

For the most part, I buy unisex shoes. My closet is a veritable cache, rich with clogs, flipflops, crocs, etc.
If you only knew me by my shoes, you'd probably assume that I am either a rugged outdoorsman, or a frequenter of lilith fair.

Neither one could be further from the truth.

However, every once in a awhile i get sucked in. Yesterday was one of those exceptions. I happened upon a pair of shoes beckoning me. begging me to adopt them. convincing me that they would be miserable with any owner besides myself.



Upon trying them on, I instantly called Husband (who was elsewhere in the store) and shouted, "Come here! bring money!"

Sadly, they didn't go home with me that day. Although we both agreed that my life would be incomplete without them, we also agreed that I would need to wait until we actually had money in our accounts*.

Being rational sucks.

However, I do need a cocktail outfit for my grandma's 90th birthday this October. And I've already decided that I should buy the shoes, and find a little black dress with a coordinating ruffle. (see how easy it is to convince myself of something? my arm is just so twisted, ow!)

So now, not only must I purchase the shoes, I will have to force myself to try on oodles of cute dresses too.

Man, sometimes life is just so rough.

*currently, when we log into our bank accounts, rather than seeing numbers, we are greeted with the :( emoticon

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I wear size 11 too. I liked your comment that they look "creepy and mutated" compared to a smaller size - I've always said they look like boats! :)