Thursday, August 20, 2009

How I Met Husband

everyone loves annoying surveys!!

1.) Where did you meet?
In the back of my roomate's car

2.) Who introduced you?
My Roomate, went to highschool with him

3.) What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
I was very drunk, so it's hard to know... [probably something like, "Gosh, i'm really drunk"]

4.) Do you remember what he/she was wearing?
YES!
A sweater (that we still argue over whether it's green or gray)
and corduroy pants with pleats and cuffs (ugh!)

5.) Where was the first place you kissed this person?
at the bar, in front of about 14 of my friends

6.) How long did you know this person before you became a couple?
roughly 30 minutes

7.) How did he/she ask you out?
I'm not certain he ever really asked me out... We lived in separate towns, so when we got together, we were visiting, and it was just understood that we would be hanging out.

8.) Do you have kids with this person?
Nope, but i could go for a puppy!

10.) When was the first time you realized that you really liked this person?
I have too many moments that made me realize how great he is. but here's one:
after i visited him the first time, he called me and told me I left something very valuable at his house, and I better come back and get it... It was a green ponytail holder:)

11.) Do you get along with his/her family?
Yes. I adore my in-laws

12.) Do you trust this person?
Definitely, but I don't necessarily trust him to remember things :)

13.) Do you see her/him as your partner in the future?
In general, yes. But that can tend to fluctuate depending on my/his mood

14.) What is the best gift she/he gave you?
an orchid, diamond earrings, and a trip to spain

15.) How long have you been with this person?
6 and a 1/2 years (yeesh! i feel old)

16.) How well do you know your man or woman?
Sometimes, I think I might know him better than he knows himself. I can predict his actions or moods a lot.

17.) What features attracted you to them first?
he smelled really, really good. (and he has a nice tooshie)

18.) Hair color?
Brown.

19.) Does he/she let you wear the pants?
I alternate between pants and skirts, but he would prefer it if i wore nothing ;)

20.) Do you have a shirt of hers/his that you sleep in?
Nah. All his teeshirts are older than our relationship and have yellow pit stains

21.) Does she/he make you happy?
yes (among a barrage of other emotions too, but mainly happy!). he makes me laugh constantly

22.) Does she/he have any piercings?
no. but that mental image is hilarious

23.) Does she/he have any scars that you know of?
he's got a big one over his right knee from acl surgery

24.) Is she/he Outgoing or Shy?
usually shy. But he certaily wasn't the night he met me!

25.) Does she/he sing?
Only to punish me (JUST KIDDING HUSBAND! he's going to hate me for this, but: he once got invited to be in a barber shop quarter, which he of course turned down because...it's a barber shop quartet)

26.) Do you like her/his friends?
Yes, almost all of them. However, he's way too nice and friendly for my tastes, so he makes friend with everyone, and i get annoyed by some of the moochers or ones that take advantage of him.

27.) Does she/he have any tattoos?
no. he hates them. I think it stems from when he was a kid and hated wearing stickers

28.) Does she/he look like their mom?
very much so

29.) Do you like her/his sisters/brothers?
He's got one brother, and I like him. although, when the 2 of them get together, they drive me CRAZY

30.) What is the most romantic date you have ever gone on?
when I got off work, there were flowers and a clue at my car. and I went on a scavengar hunt across town, picking up clues, until I found him on the beach at sunsent with champagne. and then, he had filled my apartment with balloons, and when you popped one, it had a note inside saying a reason he loved me (man, he's good)

31.) Do you have any nicknames for each other?
Yes. I call him Monkey, and he calls me Cakey

32.) Do you live with this person?
Yes. Going on 3 years now.

33.) Do you have any pets together?
We have a dead plant...

34.) Where is this person?
Sitting on the couch with me, eating leftovers from last night

35.) What is your anniversary date?
we have 2: One for when we met, 2/8/03, and every year we have to make each others present
the other, 7/7/07 (it was NOT on purpose, I really didn't want that date...)

36.) When will you guys do something next?
we are both exhausted! probably, we will watch tv, and then sleep (does that count?)
I'm not sure we "plan" dates anymore, so much as go out whenever. but it's still fun!









2 comments:

amber said...

Okay, you two are friggin adorable and that scavenger hunt is probably the most romantic thing I have ever read.

Southern Boy In The Big City said...

I am not a survey fan. I only enjoy reading them when they concern me or my feelings. However, this survey made me happy...and jealous.

P.S. Nice "south to midwest" thing you got going. Mine is "south to BIG CITY"...not midwest. Booya.