Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Prefer My Beaches Without Bette Midler*

Sweet Home Style is taunting me!!







This is made all-the-worse by the fact that I haven't been to the beach in a year, and I won't get an opportunity to go until 2010!!

I desperately need a vacation, but the few times I've been out of town this year, it's to visit family. And family is all well and good, but not nearly as relaxing as hearing the waves lap, while a monkey brings me an umbrella topped fruity drink.

I made Husband promise me that when he's finished with grad school we will go on a vacation. A steel drum, hawaiian shirt, spf50**, sand in your toes vacation.

I am counting down the days.

*ok, fine. the truth is, i LOVE that movie
**but somehow I still get burned

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I use SPF 80 spray. It's like spraying mud onto your skin!

Shellbell said...

that doesn't sound very appealing... Maybe if i told myself it was a mudbath.