Monday, April 20, 2009

Dorkus McStupidname

Well, it's official. The new dog's gay*
(and we've always had questions about the original dog's sexual orientation. Because if he's not gay, he's at the very least metrosexual and bicurious).

I had asked you reader's to help name my parents new puppy. And there were some good suggestions, my personal favorite being Randolph Elkhorn the Third. Honestly, there are about a million great dog names out there, so even though my parents didn't want to use any of our suggestions, i wasn't worried. Since I knew almost any name they came up with would be sufficient.

I. was. wrong.

Please welcome to the world....(drumroll).....(pause for effect)....

Sir Topham Hat

Yes, instead of Scout, Mac, Benji, or almost any other practical name you can think of, my parents chose the most outlandish name possible.

They are planning on calling him Topper. They will now have a Turner and a Topper. Both dogs, both spaniels. And these are two people that can't even get me and brothers names straight most times.

To be fair, as previously mentioned, my nephew was campaigning very hard for aThomas the Train themed name. And while there are plenty that would suit, (Thomas, Henry, Murdock, etc) my parents decided the character they want their new puppy to emulate the most is this guy:



Way to go mom and dad, way to go


*I realize I may have inadvertently angered some gay people out there. For I doubt they would actually want themselves affiliated with the puppy's new name. I am very, very sorry. Please don't glow paint and glitter me (as I am assuming that's the gay version of tar and feather).

No comments: