Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Observations on a Slow Day

Greetings! While all of you were putting your nose to the grindstone for work week day two. I was enjoying my "Saturday."


Here are some fun observations from my day:

I catch Husband trying to sneak his new laptop in with him to the bathroom!

"you're not seriously trying to take that to the crapper are you?" i chastise him.

"The newspaper industry is on its way out. How am I supposed to read the news?"

Sure, I was able to stop him, but who know's what he'll stealthily accomplish when I'm not here? Sadly, he makes a good point. What are men going to read while on the john?
I'm suddenly afraid of microscopic fecal matter, or an audible "plop" followed by cursing and electrocution.

After the electronic #2 and he left for work, I debated between real clothes or the ever popular sweat pants.

I had grandiose intentions of being productive: buy presents for Husband's upcoming birthday, play me vs. Target and see who comes out victorious (I always lose), etc...

But since it was cold and rainy, i decided to work on my posterior indention in the couch. I started to read a book around 1:30, and the next thing i know, it's 6:30!! HOW did that happen? a 5 hour blackout that I have no alibi for except, "i was reading"??? I really hope no one was murdered during that time, because I don't know how believable that is to normal people.

I decide it's time to start being productive, so I change from sweatpants to real clothes (how many of you guessed that I had gone for the elastic waistband greys? probably all of you...) and text Husband to meet me at 1/2 price margarita night across the street from our apartment.

I then debate whether or not it's acceptable to wear slippers to dinner, since it's only across the street. And despite many objections on fb, i decide to! (i tell myself that if you squint really, really hard they kind of maybe look like uggs? but they don't, i'm just kidding myself) And to all of you who are cringing at the thought of this, screw you it only made the margarita more delicious!



I then come home and somehow get this blog post stuck on UNDERLINE (and yes, i am too stupid to figure out how to fix it)

Anyway, at the end of my day i realize that, while on my blog page it looks like "apathetic fish" on my url one could confuse the title of my blog to be "a pathetic fish"

and on that note, have a great night everybody!! Damn underlining....

2 comments:

Mike said...

I always thought it was A Pathetic Fish... oh well

Shellbell said...

jerk.