Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hodge Podge of Randomness

Welcome to my unstructured, random thought blog! Here's what's on my mind:

Husband had to get up too early this morning (especially considering it's my day off, I mean, where's the courtesy? Nothing should be schedule on Tuesdays or Wednesdays before 10:30). Since the room is small, the alarm clock woke us both up, so I surrendered to a morning on the couch watching the Today show. Let's just say, I wasn't dressed.

I am in hour 2 of my trancelike state (watching Matt Lauer being licked by an adorable puppy!), when all the sudden i hear a "clang-clang" going outside my window. I hear two men's voices get closer and closer. I look out an realize there is a ladder right in front my window, and two repair men are trying to get on the roof.

The blinds are open, and I'm on my couch wearing 1/5th of what would I should be. I leap of the couch, grab the nearest blanket, and do a backwards lobster walk into my bedroom.

Unfortunately for me, our apartment is so small, that we had to put our dresser in the living room (it lives a double-life as a tv stand), so I have to wait until they are gone before I can go back outside. Sorry Mr. Construction Men, I think you got a free show with your job today!
...........................................................................................................
It finally happened. I, the clutz, fell off my bike. Technically, i didn't have a "bike accident" since the bike wasn't in motion. I had just bought a six pack from trader joe's, but it was too heavy for my basket, and was making the basket rub on the front tire. I was trying to peek over the front to see how heavy it was and somehow lost my balance, and we all came tumbling down. (i know. seriously, who hurts them self while the bike it standing still?!?) I got a pretty nasty bruise on my leg, and sadly, the basket broke. [sniff. sniff. r.i.p.]Technically, the basket is ok, but the mounting bracket is shattered. I knew it was too good to be true. I've never gotten something I really, really liked with ruining it shortly there after. [Think of me as Lennie, from Of Mice and Men]. Don't worry though, all six beers made it home safely.
.............................................................................................................
I realize I have probably driven everyone crazy over the past 2 weeks, since every other word out of my mouth has been "bike". So I promise to try and take the obsession down a notch, or at the very least, stop mentioning it so much. However, I did want to share this with all of you.

I've always love bike bells and horns. I think they are such a fun, whimsical addition to your bicycle. But I am not exaggerating when I say that, as a child, i had the best bike horn ever. I've always tried to describe it to people, but was never able to do it justice. And no amount of google image search was ever able to find a picture of it.

Until yesterday! I finally found one on ebay. So here is it for all of you to enjoy!



It's a sesame street honker horn! circa 1986. You squeeze its nose, and his two hears are the horns! I loooved it. I remember not wanting to attach it, because I didn't want to limit myself to only being able to play with it while I was on the bike. I think all bike horns should be this fun!
..................................................................................................................

And there you go, my threesome of random thoughts for all of you to digest. Enoy (but you should probably take an antacid after all this too)

No comments: