Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week Three

As previously mentioned, i may have cheated a bit this week. (in fact, 3 meals weren't diet friendly, but who's counting?)

This week I really haven't seen any drastic results, but to be fair, i wasn't working as hard as i could have. I stayed active, but didn't exert myself.

I'm not too concerned about it though, because i have made a decision! I won't be stopping this plan at the end of september. I am going to attempt to make this my everyday behavior.

Before, i would obsess about a diet so much, and the one time i faltered, i would just give up completely and fall off the wagon.

Now, i won't sweat it if i decide to go out for a good meal every once in awhile, because i will know that it's an exception to the norm.

I am really excited about this, and actually, have learned to love the new kinds of foods i'm eating. (and no, i'm not going to pretend everything i'm eating is "healthy", but it's definitely better than it had been!)

So, here are few more "diet" foods I've adored lately:

whole grain english muffin with fat free cream cheese

Dr. Oz told me to eat more whole grains. and only 130 calories for the whole thing!

Weight Watchers Ice Cream Candy Bars

holy crap! these are AMAZING!!!!! it's just like a snickers ice cream bar, but only 150 calories. I can't wait to try some more of weight watchers treats (any suggestions?)

I've also taken to snacking on carrot sticks dipped in humus. Husband looks at me like i'm crazy, but it's really not that bad.

And here's my insight for the week: ignorance truly is bliss

It's one things for me to be able to read the nutritional info on the back of a package, and then choose to not eat it. But the easy part about going out to eat, is the information isn't right there staring you in the face. Unless you ask to see it, you never have to know. And it's the not knowing that's so heavenly.

No comments: