Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 4

Fingers crossed: I haven't cheated in two days!

I wasn't very hungry at noon, so I skipped lunch and went window shopping*. I quickly learned my mistake though, when I was starving a couple hours later and surrounded by food courts, and delicous smelling calorie-filled nemesis'. Luckily, i stayed strong. Bought myself a bottled water, and sped home to eat.

Beyond that, I'm a little cranky. It's Friday evening, and I can't go out to eat, or have a cocktail. To distract myself, Husband and I are going to eat here and then go ____ (bowling, minigolfing, or movie...not sure yet which one).

I wanted to explain why I chose lean cuisines for this "experiment"

One option would have been any of the technically "diet" plans (slimfast, nutrisystem, etc). My focus in all of this isn't to lose weight, it's to get healthy. (In fact, I don't even have a scale, so I have no idea how much weight I will be losing). I've tried lots of these diet plans in the past, and I don't find them to be the healthiest routes. Lots of them are full of chemicals and preservatives, and seem only focused toward weight loss. [as you read this, you should all be laughing at the chemical water (aka: diet dr. pepper) that i'm spooning in bed that's sitting in my fridge]

The healthiest route would have been fresh, delicious homemade meals utilizing lots of produce. However, this has been tried in the Apathetic Fish household several times, and (while i still hope to be able to do it in the future) it doesn't work currently. My kitchen is too small, and unpleasant to cook in. I buy too much, and it expires before I make it. I snack while cooking, thus adding calories. And often, if I am too tired, i chose to just go out to eat instead.

I chose lean cuisine because it's all natural. no preservatives, and (the best part for me) prebuilt portion control. I can have a hot, healthy meal in less time than it would take for me to get fast food.

However, i only have about 5 favorites that i've bought, and they are getting a little redundant. And that's where you come in, cyberfriends. I need your favorite suggestions so I know which ones to buy. (and it doesn't have to be lean cuisine... I'm good with smartones, healthy choice, etc). so let me know which ones I'm missing out on.
And i'll go ahead and share with you that lean cuisine's bbq chicken pizza is my reason for living (oh.my.god)

Also, I've been craving sweets, and the sugar-free pudding failed to curb it. Any suggestions?


*which SUCKS by the way. Why would you torture yourself at stores when you can't by anything? (gilmore girls astounds me with their wisdom
)

1 comment:

Abby said...

Lean Cuisine chicken carbonara and spinach mushroom pizza are the best!