Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 6.

I didn't have time for breakfast this morning, b/c i was in a rush to try and get to church. But believe me, during the hyms, no one was singing louder than Daniella (that's what I named by stomach, but i digress)

We left the church (which is located downtown) and stumbled right into Taste of Madison (aka: the delicious event i've been trying to avoid all weekend). It smelled soooo good, and we were both starving. I decided attend, but made a quick stop at the market to buy a snack and grab some cash to go tasting. I had a kombucha and a banana.

I'm glad i did, because it definitely helped to curb my appetite, but I still managaed to have some crab rangoons for lunch (get over it, they were delicious)

I behaved myself for the rest of the day, and proceeded to have a lean cuisine pizza and sugar free jello for dessert. [it was a chocolate fudge mint...if you see them at the store, TRY THEM! i think i still have chocolate on my face from it (since i didn't eat it, so much as have my way with it)]

After dinner, I had to go to the grocery store for the first time since I started this diet. I was really nervous. I was alone, and terrified that all i would buy was ice cream, pizza, and lard (yes, an actual bucket of lard. And also, doesn't it sound delicious!) It was a good thing I had eaten before I went, and I did pretty good. Although, i did make a quick pit-stop to smell the bakery section, but ended our love affair at that (i figured there can't be that many olfactory calories, right?)

My big concern, is while i was walking down the aisles, i kept spotting things and thinking, "i can't wait to eat those again when this diets over!" And that would suck it i worked really hard for 30 days, and then ruined it immediatly.

I don't need a diet, I need a lifestyle change, because temporary solutions don't work.

But i've already realized that i can't conform my life completely to getting rid of the delicious grease*, so I'm gonna have to embrace the "everything in moderation" plan.

*and sugar, and fat, and calories, and lard (again with the lard! geez)

No comments: