Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 7

Happy Labor Day Y'all!

I was a little remorseful that i couldn't partake in the traditional hot dogs and mayonnaise drenched "salads", but the feeling quickly dissipated when I put on my white sundress (for one last time...no white after labor day) and it was SWIMMING on me!!

I haven't worn it since before i started biking to work, and there just seemed to be oodles of extra fabric floating around my midsection (yay! so exciting). That being said, it made a formerly adorable dress look rather frumpy, but SO WHAT! It was too big (eek!).

I'm actually between sizes right now, and have to wait until I drop a few more inches to downgrade to a smaller size. This is good for 2 reasons: 1) i would be halfway towards my goal! 2)i actually can't afford clothes at the moment, so it gives me an excuse to wait

Beyond that, here are some "diet" foods that have been rockin my world!


chocolate mint fudge sugar free jello
(holy crap is this stuff good! I also tried the boston creme pie flavor and loooved it... and now have my sights set on conquering all the rest of the flavors too!)




Lipton sparkling diet green tea
(i bought the strawberry kiwi flavor, not knowing what to expect and even Husband (who NEVER drinks diet drinks) agreed it was delightful. I'm a sucker for anything with bubbles!)


Today was a thoroughly enjoyable day. I actually wound up doing nothing. I had bought a book for a dollar the other day, and devoured it (i won't tell you what it is, because it was actually terrible. I was more reading it quickly to go ahead and get it over with....if you have noticed, i'm weird).

Also, I'm finally starting to feel like myself again! (which is great, cause that crappy mood i've been in has been no picnic for those around me either)

Currently, i'm hovering at about 1,200 calories* a day, which is a drastic drop from before. And working out 3-4 times per week (i'd like that to be higher!). I think the fact that i started so abruptly was what caused my brain to cease normal function for awhile, but now i am starting to feel more like myself again, and my mood is following suit.

I'm one week done, 75% left to go! I honestly didn't think i'd make it this long, but shockingly i haven't had any cravings (or, at least none that i can't find a good substitute for!)
So that's cause for celebration!!!



*but don't worry, i haven't skipped a single meal. Although i have tried to curb mid-day snacking (or at least make smart decisions on what my snacks are)

No comments: