Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Style of our Apartment is "Eclectic Impoverished"

Sure, the ambiance has a certain je ne se qua.
But mostly, it just merits the sympathetic, "aww, look. Their bed is on the floor"

We've got the basics. Your rump would have a seat to rest on, and your drink would have a surface to make condensation rings on, but we are definitely lacking the accessories.

It's like a cupcake without frosting, What's the point!?!?

Since I got my couch (a full 3 months after moving in, mind you) I've really been wanting throw pillows. If for no other reason, so that we'll stop using our bed pillows on the couch.

Truthfully, it barely matters. NO ONE ever comes over to our apartment (it's too small...and we have no friends), but still I think I would really enjoy it if our apartment had a "finished look."

Everytime we've had people visit from out of town, I've driven to target in a blind panic, hoping to find the perfect throw pillows so that our guests will think how awesome i am.

Husband teases me. He guarantees that no one would notice if we had pillows or not. (but, if i were visiting someone else, I totally would). Sadly, in those rushes i've never found any pillows that I liked enough to justify spending the money. They seem to have a pretty hefty price tag. And considering we spent a whopping $40 on the sofa...it doesn't make much sense to spend double the amount of some cushions.

However, I saw these last time I was at ikea and I really liked them.

Two of these for my beige couch


and one of these for our blue wingback chair

Give me another year (or some visitors) and I might finally bite the bullet and get them.

1 comment:

amber said...

We don't really have throw pillows either. We used to, but then they ended up on the floor a lot so we got rid of 'em.