Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 2*

Things i did right:
  • Activia for breakfast
  • salad for lunch
  • lean cuisine for dinner
  • ignored the free candy on the table (see below)
  • drank lots of water
Things i dropped the ball on:
  • had two beers (LIGHT beers though, about 200 calories combined)
  • no significant workout (except for 3 hours of minigolf!!!!)
Key Learnings:
Today was a staff outing. We went to lunch and mini golfing** Since I couldn't exactly bring a lean cuisine with me to the restaurant, I got a cobb salad, and didn't even come close to finishing it.
Unfortunately, we decided to have some brewskies during puttputt. And while I was ordering, I completely forgot that i was suppossed to be dieting. Luckily, it was a miller lite and only had 96 calendar (now, I was fully aware of my wrongdoing when ordering the second one... but I got my just desserts by spilling half of it on the golf course)
BUT (in my defense), when we had our meeeting after lunch, there was candy on the table for us, and i didn't take a single piece!! (that's a HUGE step in the right direction)
And instead of ordering a snack (fat+money i don't have), i had packed a granola bar in my purse, and just ate that instead.

Honestly, I'm pretty proud of myself. It's easy to hide in your house and restrict what foods are in the kitchen, but the real bitch is applying healthy habits to daily life. I don't want to become a hermit in order to get healthy, and (with the exception of the delicious empty beer calories), i did pretty well.

*I'm not certain that I will blog to about everyday of the next 30. i realize it can be pretty redundant to read. However, it's very therapeutic for me to have a place to summarize my day, plus it helps me to be accountable.
** I will say this much about my job: what it lacks in money, it makes up for in FUN

1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

Your off to a great start! I know that you can do it!