Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm now Poor

Through a random series of events, we ended up at Fazoli's for dinner. mmm, nothing like cheap and greasy italian; nom nom nom.
Anyhoo, we drive about 10 feet before I announce, "i need to use the restroom." I hop out of the car in front of [Large Chain Store] and hustle to the bano while the car is still moving, leaving Husband perplexed.

Once i have emptied my bladder, i have full intention of walking outside back to the car, but i notice mom's day cards instead. After being distracted for a few minutes, I call Husband and tell him to come in and help me pick out cards. We've decided that this year we will be good children and send some (it's never to late to start right?) While we are still wandering around the store, I casually mention, "let's stop by electronics."

If you don't already know, we are one of 3 families out there that are still watching analog through a homemade aluminum foil antenna.
And hell no, i did not apply for a gov't coupon (not that i am against the discount, it just would have required planning ahead, which is something i definitely don't do).

In a previous blog, i may have hinted that Husband's upcoming birthday present was going to be tv related. In truth, I had planned on cable... but after a mere 5 minutes talking with the Charter, I was reminded of how much I hated them and I decided to leave the store before I tried to punch the sales lady in the face (see how hostile they make me?!)

So i had 2 options: buy a convertor box, or get a new tv. Between the box and antenna, I would be shelling out $80, which to me is about as purposeful as buying a new vcr or donating to dennis kussinich's presidential campaign. and after using my abacus, i realized that buying a new lcd is still cheaper than 12 mths of cable.

Who knew that me making an emergency stop to empty my bladder would result in this:



There are alot of things I can admit to: i'm loud, i make excellent salads, i fall down alot...but if there's one thing i'm not, it's spontaneous. I hold no element of surprise, so I am hoping that I have just earned HUGE bonus points for the fact that I just shelled out hundreds of dollars for an electronic husband-hypnotizer.

Gentlemen, what do you think: Bonus points???

1 comment:

Husband said...

I vote for the beer.