Thursday, April 2, 2009

i heart books

It needs to be said that I love to read.

Books are my crack-cocaine. I am an addict, and sometimes I go through withdrawal. When I do get my fix, I tend to shut out the rest of the world completely. No eating, no drinking, no human interaction of any kind until the book is finished.

This is why I have to limit myself. Secretly, the husband loves that I become engrossed in a book; because this is my impression of what usually happens when he gets home:

[door opens. ATTACK HUG]
Hi! Did you miss me? Did you have a nice day at work? What did you have for lunch? Did you miss me? What do you want to do tonight? Did you miss me? We should get a puppy. HEY, do you want to eat a cake? WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING ME???*

*this has all happened within a 90 second period. There is no pause between these questions, not even an intake of air

Needless to say, he gets a little giddy when he comes home and I am glued to a book and don't even acknowledge his presence. He finally gets to relax, take a nap, do homework, or (god forbid) play video games.

That being said, here are some books that I could read again and again:
















































If any of you interneter's ever want to get back into the tangible world of books, I highly recommend any of these to ease you into the transition. Some are hilarious, some are cathartic, and many are both.

And if you ever decide that you can't stand this blog and want me to stop, just anonymously mail me a crate of books...


No comments: