Thursday, April 23, 2009

Parents

All parents are embarrassing, we can admit that. But let me introduce you to my parents:

They match each other... every day. We are not just talking about for photo portraits or special occasions, we are talking about every single day. (please take a moment to let that sink in)

For every item of clothing on of them owns, the other owns a matching ensemble:

Having a Christmas party? They'll wear their matching flannel shirts complete with coordinating dickies (if you don't know what that is, you're missing out)

Going to the mall? Well, that would call for their matching cowboy hats a boots.

A Luau you say? No worries, Mom has a dress in the exact same fabric as Dad's Hawaiian shirt.

The list goes on. What's that you say? You don't believe me? Well, here's proof:

What day doesn't call for festive Aqua? (until mom got cold and put on a sweatshirt, but please note the socks)


It's a perfect day for our rust colored tops and pleated khakis!


The theme of the day was red and black (but this time it was Dad's turn to get chilly)



Sure, when I was a teenager I found it mortifying. I would walk 10ft behind them, and avoid sitting together at all costs... not like our identical red hair didn't give me away, but still I tried.

Now that I have matured, I just call it "quirky" (and maybe still a little mortifying :)

What about you? Anything your parents do that compares to this?

5 comments:

Mike said...

My parents do the same thing! Funny thing is Cheryl now tries to get me to do it too then I remind her we are not old.

Big Fish said...

Mike is gay and no I don't.

Today they wore a shade of seafoam green

Shellbell said...

take pictures! I am trying to build up a pile of evidence!!!

Drama Queen said...

We look very good in those pictures, your color for this article is green, ha. Love mom

Shellbell said...

haha, mom! Why is your name "Drama Queen"? Are you writing a blog?
Also, we weren't making fun of green, so much as the fact that you both wear it on the same day! :)