Sunday, December 13, 2009

You Be The Judge

Preface: it all started when I went to Target to buy pajama's for the staff slumber party (pictures to come....so stop harassing me, erin):

There i was, surrounded by aisles of glorious flannel, when I saw something that caught my eye. It appeared to be a dress... but what was it doing in the sleepwear aisle?

I drew closer for further inspection. And from where I was standing, it was clearly a belted shirt dress. However, the tag had it labeled as sleepwear. And it was plaid flannel.

I was torn. Do i honor it's suggestion as a sleeping garment? i mean, honestly, WHO would sleep in a belt? communists*, that's who.

This probably goes without saying, but I realize i am not a fashonista.
I know as much about currents trends as i do about hockey.

nada. nilch. zip. zero.

The sad truth is that i LOVED the shirt-dress/nightgown thing. It's the softest fabric in the world, and all i wanted to do was stick my face in it, nuzzle it, and have it tell me that i'm pretty and special.

So, i bought it. With no intention of wearing it to sleep in.

Nay, i wanted to wear it in public.

And i have to say, i am kinda loving it.

But i need your help.

Am i crazy? (and, let's just focus on the topic at hand, and not list the multitude of ways i am obviously insane)

Chauncey-the-double-chin is in full force in these photos.
Yet another one of the many cons of having a person 7ft shorter than you take your picture.




So internet, did i make it work?
or does this go into my ever-expanding "what was i thinking" pile?

and come on, you kind of have to admit that even if you hate it, you love that i wore pj's to work.

*you can interchange this with whatever group you see fit. Nazis more your speed? done!