Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Somebody Lied to Santa.

A horrendous mistake was made, somebody told santa i had been good this year! The fat man spoiled me rotten. Here are some of the highlights:
  • clothes
    that were a smaller size than i thought i was wearing, and they fit! eeek!
  • a fun new board game
    want to come and play?
  • giftcards
    to fuel my addiction to food, books, etc.
  • a GORGEOUS throw for my couch
    actually, i helped santa by grabbing this at macys. but i got an amazing deal on it!
  • the sneakers i had been wanting!!!!
    project butt shrink has commenced!
  • and the biggest surprise of all, a brand new laptop!
    I am the proud owner of a state of the art way too fancy computer. I'm still learning my way around it...
    obviously
By far though, the biggest highlight of the holiday was hanging out with my nephew, Simon.
We had a GREAT time together. One day, it was just him and I as everyone else had to work. I decided to bribe him in an attempt to buy his love.


opening presents with him was a blast too! in fact, i think everyone should have a 3 year old with them when they open gifts. I don't think i'll ever do it the old way again. Everytime we handed him a gift, he'd throw his arms in the air and shout, "i got another one!!!!!" Then he would rip open the paper, and run over and help us rip open our paper too.

Christmas morning, he looked down the stairwell with a perplexed expression. "Where's Santa?" he asked. Since we had all told him santa was coming, he assumed that the big guy would be staying for a visit. At the very least, for breakfast.
He had asked Santa for a monster truck and a cow puzzle (omg, so cute. I mean really, a cow puzzle!) Santa definitely came through. Simon has about 11 monster trucks now, and cows, and puzzles (not necessarily a cow puzzle though, those are hard to come by when you're not in Wisconsin apparently)

The bad part about the holiday, was that I flew back on christmas. It sucked. We opened the presents, and before I had a chance to process, it was time to pack and go. (boo. never again.)

Overall, i am humbled by how generous everyone was (recession-schmession), and although certain people were very missed during the holiday, it was a wonderful christmas.

How was yours?

1 comment:

Shellbell said...

UGH! i have NO idea what the hell is happening with the font sizes on this one, sorry you guys! i'm trying to fix it, promise!