Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Can't Decide If I'm Angela or Phyllis.

We're having 3 company parties within the next two weeks. Two of which I am helping plan. Of course, I have decided to jazz it up office-style and have now dubbed my co-workers and i the Party Planning Committee*

I'm really excited about these endeavors.

The first party (the one i'm not helping plan), is the company-wide staff holiday party. It's at a bar (yay!) and everyone brings a gift for yankee swap**

The next party is Slumber Party Themed! Everyone will show up in their pj's and we're doing pajama party activities and then a pj pubcrawl! There will be spooky scary ghost stories, a board game tournament, glamorous makeovers, and a prize for the best pjs! (although, we did ask that people who sleep in the buff to please wear some clothes)
And in true slumber party fashion, we've already warned that pranks will be played on those who do not show up, so they can all expect some glorious prank calls on their voicemails and teepee on their desks :)

and lastly, two departments are participating in secret santa... but in true madison form, we've changed the name to secret snowflake.
For the next two weeks, myself and 13 other co-workers will be sneaking around leaving gifts and clues for our person, and red herring fake-gifts for others to throw them off the scent. The event will culminate at a potluck party where your secret snowflake's identity will be revealed and you receive your "big" gift (and i am using that term loosely as we set a $10 limit. It's so not about the present, the fun is in the participation!)
Words cannot express how excited i am about this event. I loooved it last year, and i am thrilled at the person I picked this year!
Dear _____, you've been warned. Bwahaha!
And to jazz the "reveal" party even more, we've made it tacky christmas sweater themed!!!
Nothing i own is tacky (ha!), so I am heading to st. vinnie's to see what glorious outfits i can buy for $1.
If only i had access to my mom's closet, i would have so many options...
mom has just read this, and is returning any gifts she bought me for christmas. Something tells me I will now be getting coal.

I'll be sure to provide updates and pictures from each party as they come!

*Naturally, green streamers are out because green is whorish.
If you don't watch The Office, don't bother trying to understand the previous statement, just go ahead and be offended.
**or, as michael scott would say:
"Yaaaankee swap"

2 comments:

Ter said...

Hi there, I came by to check out your blog because Amber (viva voce) linked you as one of her favorite blogs on my follower of the month post!

Shellbell said...

Wow. I am just beyond flattered! Welcome Ter, i hope you enjoy!
And I think I'll need to give Amber a big, fat thanks for the shout-out!