Friday, December 18, 2009

No Touchy.

My personal space issues are being ignored lately.

Look, it's not that I don't like you. I would just appreciate you more if you were further away.

Call it a neurosis, call it a phobia, call it whatever you wish. But say it from a respectable distance.

Let's just pretend that there's a 14" invisible protective bubble surrounding me.

And for that matter, let's pretend there's a protective layer around my things too. Maybe if you'd like to see something of mine, you could ask first? I'm probably guaranteed to say yes, but it would still be nice if you asked.

I'm not a germaphobe. I'm not scared of any diseases i may catch from you.
I know how to share, and i'd be more than happy to.

But i don't want to be touched. I don't want to smell your halitosis. I don't want you to grab my stuff and man-handle it.

Can't we all just get along? 
From a good 3 feet apart?




1 comment:

Abby said...

If you ever have plans to get pregnant, you might want to reconsider :) Your body is the WORLD'S property at that point!