Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

normally, i don't bother reporting on my weekend escapades. I mean, how often do you guys really want to read, "watched infomercials and ate ramen"?
For some reason though, i decided to be human and socialize with other humans. First time for everything right?

On Friday, i was fully immersed in all things Mid-west.
I went ice skating, on a frozen pond. I felt like such a Wisconsiner! In Tennessee, I had never seen so much as a frozen pool, and here they have entire lakes that are iced over!
Needless to say, I looked like a complete idiot. It was basically an hour of me being hunched over, and waving my arms dramatically for balance. Shockingly though, i didn't fall! Oh, i came close several times, but it's probably hard to fall over when you are moving at the speed of negative mph's.

Afterwards, i went bowling. I guess the goal of the night was to see exactly how many pairs of rental shoes i could wear in one evening. Oh i sucked. I bowled a 63 the first game. Then, as a drunken prank, someone set up the bumpers for me. And oh, it was glorious! I bowled a 107! i realize it was a joke, but the bumpers couldn't have made me happier:)

Then, to drive the whole "you're a midwesterner now" point home, I drank copious amounts of Miller. So much so, that i decided the "bowling alley fried appetizer sampler" looked marvelous, and i should (nay, MUST) order it and subsequently devour it. (it was not good. shocking, i know)

Saturday, a feud i have been nurturing for several weeks finally came to a head. My messy apartment and I have been playing Chicken ever since christmas. (and i just totally linked you the footloose chicken scene, you're welcome). The apartment was determined to stay messy, I decided that i'd be damned if i caved first.

The place was disgusting. I mean, if a burglar had broken in, i would have found myself apologizing profusely for the mess, and showing him where the valuables were since it was impossible to find anything in here.

So finally, i caved first. and I went on a cleaning binge. i was determine, i was focused, i was a tornado of teeth and nails. Two loads of laundry, 6 sinkfuls of dishes, and 3 hours of cleaning (with the help of a wonderful friend:), and i finally could see the floor again! yahoo hooray! (we'll see how long this can last... I mean, it will last for at least 9 days by default, because i won't be here:)

That evening i went out to dinner with coworkers. I had been going through withdrawals and was missing them dearly. (I guess technically, i am supposed to demote them from "coworkers" to "friends". But... i think i'll keep calling them coworkers. It was their original title, and they've held the position for a year and a half.) It was a wonderful evening, and pledges to see each other more often were made all around.

Sunday, I worked on a project i am making for a silent auction. People from around madison were asked to create and donate items for a silent auction. I have absolutely no idea why i am part of this group, except to say, "i know a guy" (she says in a pathetic italian accent while scratching her chin). Anyway, I am donating a collection of stationery.

After tapping into my creative juices, I went to my second ever Zumba class.
whoa.
This one was a wee bit longer than an hour, and let me tell you those extra 15 minutes are hard. Not to mention that the instructor was 1000x's more intense than the first one. But I noticed that not one thing on her entire body jiggled, so whatever she does must work. I will DEFINITELY be back.

The weekend ended with watching a little football (sidenote: we must all cheer for peyton now), and fueling my secret addiction of masterpiece theater*. I watched Emma for the first time, and all i could think the whole time was, "this is the movie Clueless!"
It seems that clueless stole the plot from Emma verbatim. Just replaced the words "ye olde" and "fortnight" , with "like" and "totally".
It was still thoroughly enjoyable, and i can't wait to watch the exciting conclusion next sunday at 9/8 central :)

Needless to say, it was a fully enjoyable weekend. how was yours?

and now, i will be running around like a madwoman for the next 24hrs while i get ready to leave for paradise.

* i love it. Masterpiece classics are wonderful. and yes, I am 87 years old. why do you ask?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend. Hope you have a great week as well,

brenda Fisher said...

i still don't get this right. Same message as before!