Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lord knows I don't write much on pop culture. It doesn't really go with my "mediocre" vibe i've got going here. But there are a few too many topics that have been getting under my skin, and I am in need to vent about:

First of all, Team Conan all the way!!!
jay leno is not funny. beyond that, if you say you're going to retire, you should do that! (ahem, except for favre. when you look that good in a pair of wranglers, you can do whatever the hell you want....call me!) But really, how would he have felt if, 7months after he got the show, Johnny Carson decided he wanted the show back?


Secondly, i got sucked in and watched an episode of The Bachelor
ugh. I was literally YELLING at the tv! it was horrible. i can't believe people watch this shiz. And beyond that, do the viewers honestly think this is love? Usually there is someone here to take the remote from me when I get worked up about how terrible a program is, but sadly not the other day. So for 2 hours it was me yelling and making gagging sounds while silicone enhanced idiots were sucking face. never.again.

Thirdly, Sarah Palin as a FOX commentator.
I have no words. two things that i despise most in this country have joined forces. bleh.

And finally, coach lane kiffin is leaving ut (my alma mater).
I actually never even saw a news article about this, i just needed to rely on the 300+ facebook updates regarding it. he was only there one season. i mean, i never like the guy. Honestly, i think we'll be better off without him. but still, what a douche.

My mom, always wanting to be topical, sent me a fb message about it:
Candis Schoenberger
Mom:
So you and Kippin might be on the same plane to
cal, ha.

Shelley Fisher
Me:
uh, his name is kiffin. And i am having serious issues about this right now. If you're going to mock, get the name right...

Candis Schoenberger
Mom:
he was there so short of a time I couldn't remember his name...
haha. I guess we all know where i get my love of ellipses from...


And the absolute worst part is, while i was spending way too much time thinking about this stuff, i didn't spend a moment to reflect on the devastating earthquake in Haiti. So now I think I'll go hide under a rock a feel guilty about that for awhile.

2 comments:

amber said...

Team Conan all the way here!

Sarah Palin is a huge JOKE!

Anonymous said...

i can't think which to comment on!!! too much info at once!