Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Wanna Quit the Gym!

My life has been going through some drama lately.
My gym life.

Upon moving here, i knew that one of my goals would be to lose all my extra poundage that i had accquired.
On the second day i lived in madison, i marched up to Curves and joined.

And honestly, it's a great at what it is:
a 30 minute circuit training program designed for sedimentary middle-aged women.
I was a member for a year and half. and during that time, i went regularly for 6mths, sparingly for 4, and not at all for 6. I hadn't been at all since September, but was still paying my membership fee everymonth.

It was time to quit.

As much as i enjoyed the workout, i wanted a place where I could mix-it-up a little. I wanted to be able to get on a treadmill, and just walk for miles. I wanted to be able to take some different classes. I wanted to have options.

So i've found a new place, and it's been great! I am loving the cardio machines, and i've been trying new classes.

zumba was tonight, yoga tomorrow.

Zumba was fun. The hour went by super fast. Of course, I struggled with the coordination part. But fortunately, my belly dancing prowess helped.

It was the same moves, but to latin music (... and a couple songs from glee .... and i'm embarrassed that i recognized them)

Really looking forward to my first yoga experience tomorrow. I've been told repeatedly that i need to find outlets to handle my stress (i have an irish temper, yo. It comes with the hair), so hopefully it will help me mellow out.

I'm almost at a HUGE milestone in my weightloss goal (not ready to admit to the world what that is, since i don't want to jinx it, but let's just say it's something i haven't accomplished in YEARS). And i'll fully admit, i'm becoming addicted to exercise. it's awesome, i never realized it could be as fulfilling as ice cream (...and it's not, but almost:)

Officially, I think i have also moved into a new, exciting chapter of fitness. I think i have moved from fat to thick.
In my brilliant definition:
  • Fat is when you have extra rolls, lumps, or bumps that don't belong.
  • Thick is when you are essentially the correct shape, just a larger circumference than you'd prefer.
So there it is world, I'm happy with my shape, just not it's current circumference.

oh! and one last thing, i am COMPLETELY in love with the shoes. I think they were sent from heaven.

2 comments:

Shellbell said...

UGH! again, i must apologize. I have no idea why the words are all spliced up. And i can't seem to figure out how to fix it. a thousand apologies.

amber said...

That is AWESOME!!