Friday, January 1, 2010

Left Foot. Right Foot.



These are for sale at Target. And I've just about convinced myself that i need them.

I already have a bright yellow pair, that i love. But they are a teeny bit too narrow, and hurt after 5 minutes.

Not very practical when you've got a whole afternoon planned of puddle-splashing.
(and yes, sometimes i do spend entire afternoons splashing in puddles)

Of course, there won't be any puddles until late spring, when all the ice can finally thaw. But i can't run the risk of waiting, and these boots no longer being for sale, now can i?

Speaking of which, what do you call these types of shoes?
  • I grew up calling them galoshes.
  • Madisonians seem to mostly call them rainboots. (booooooooooring.)
  • I love that some people call them wellys!
  • Coworker calls her's "my hunter boots".
    (naturally, i called her a brand snob, but truthfully am just jealous and would totally say the same thing... if i could ever have the good fortune to own a pair. sigh.)
But for all us generic boot wearers, what are they called?

And while we're on the subject...
Target also has new styles of those sleepshirts i covet so much. How many of those can I get away with owning before I am banned from shopping in the sleepwear aisle? (as well as banned from being your friend, but that probably goes without saying)


4 comments:

brenda Fisher said...

they have 30 pairs - too many choices!

Anonymous said...

you should definitely have a pair of those boots!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy referring to them as "rubbers" as some of the British do.

Shellbell said...

haha. you would! Make sure you wear rubbers for protection!