Friday, November 6, 2009

Don't Actually Eat it Though...

I recently splurged on a pair of polka dot flannel sheets.

Much to husband's relief, i bought the "masculine" set.
[yes, i realize i am using this term too loosely, but eh, i wasn't really concerned about his feelings on this]

Words cannot express how happy i am everytime i see them/climb into bed.

It's like sleeping in a sprinkles cupcake!
[see, doesn't get any more butch than that, right?]

After several attempts to take a picture to show you people, I have come to the conclusion that I must have been drunk this morning, because this is the best pic i got:


and i show you this terrible photo for a reason:
When we moved up here, my parents gave me the best gift a southerner stuck in wisconsin could get, a SUPER warm comforter and an electric tea kettle.

So even when it gets to be -15 outside, I can sip delicious hot beverages and snuggle under a canvas of downy goodness.

Unfortunately, my unwillingness to commit to purchases has caused us to never own a duvet, and we've been sleeping under the bare comforter for a full year know.
I know it's been a year, because I was lamenting about my lack of duvet, and my coworker called me out on it and pointed out that i said the EXACT same thing this time last year.

Yes, woe is me. I cannot find a beautiful comforter that i have been able to justify paying for. Don't I just have the hardest life?

So, interwebbers, I need your suggestions. Link me some awesome duvets! My tastes cover an entire spectrum of ranges, so there is no wrong answer.

And mom and dad, better start hitting the Pottery Barn outlets and giving me a full report on whats available :)

I'll be here, sitting in my cupcake, awaiting your response.

3 comments:

Abby said...

We actually have a white comforter that is probably meant for duvets, but I actually like to leave it and go bolder with the sheets and pillows. We have chocolate brown sheets and pillows, lime green throw pillows and then a striped decorative pillow...it's simple yet kinda feels a little spa-ish...white is very relaxing! Then you can change up the sheets and pillows whenever you get bored with it. Just a thought...Otherwise I have no fashion sense or advice on duvets :)

Shellbell said...

i am not against a white duvet at all. maybe something with a little embroidery. I just think, purely for sanitary reasons, it would be good for me to have a cover i could take off and wash regularly. Like a pillow case vs. sleeping directly on a pillow.

Husband tends to be a little gross and smelly at the end of the day, and I could use an extra layer of defense between him and my beloved blanket. (what? tmi?)

Abby said...

Haha, I see your point. I guess this does not cross my mind, as ours is super-cheap and can be stuck in the washer at any time...men don't seem to understand what's wrong with putting their bare butts on 'em.