Sunday, November 15, 2009

Vanity.

I've recently discovered something really, really disturbing.

I, the apathetic fish, have....

no, i can't say it! it's too terrible! ok. deep breath. quick like a bandaid.

I, the apathetic fish, have WRINKLES!!

Seriously?!?!?!
Wrinkles?
I'm 26!
How the heck did this happen??????

They're around my eyes, and only noticeable when i smile.
But i hear that's the 'gateway wrinkle'.
Once you get that one, you're suddenly hooked on all the others too.

I am sure that none of you reading this have been struck with such an awful affliction; but if by chance your "friend" has, maybe you could recommend a useful eyecream or solution?

I will also use this time to point out that I, in no way, am against plastic surgery when it comes to things getting tightened or lifted. Personally, i think i will draw the line at implanting foreign objects into my body.*
..........................................................................
And on a strictly 'vanity-related note':

I have had a lucky streak that, as far as i know, no one else has ever had:

I have never had a bad license photo.**

Not only do they look good, (and i'm not even talking about "compared to other dmv photo's, i mean i look good) but when people check my id, they tend to comment on how nice of a photo i have.

It's awesome. In fact, the last driver's license I got was in South Carolina when I changed to my married name. It was a slow Tuesday morning, and the photo lady must have been bored because she took it 3 times, and then decided on her favorite for my id.

That's honestly the main reason I have failed to get my WI license... I don't want my lucky streak to end
(well... that, and the fact that planning a trip to the dmv is about as pleasant as planning my own execution)

*this could so easily become a dirty joke...but i shall take the high road (this time)
**this does NOT include my craptastic learner's permit photo. But come one, you're not suppossed to look good at 15

4 comments:

Abby said...

Hey, it's ok...you're in your mid-to-late 20's, and it's time to surrender, as you ARE just plain old getting older.

(this is just me going down and wanting to take everyone with me)

I plucked a gray hair last week that was located right smack in the middle of my part. When my hair girl was doing my highlights, she did some extra on the sides, and I realized later that it was because she found my little patch of grays that are long enough to have been there for five years.

I feel your pain. Embrace it! Surrender is liberating.

Abby said...

I meant "you are just plain getting older," not old and getting older, as I wrote.

Unknown said...

Why don't you post pics of your license and learners permit?

Shellbell said...

i would post them, except for two reasons:
1) they always keep my old one when they give me a new one
2) i am too lazy