Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fix Me

I guess I ought to go ahead and retroactively apologize (as well as in advance) for all the grammar and spelling errors that inevitably appear on my posts.

I swear I type everything with 100% accuracy, but I think a little squirrel must log-in and screw with the blogs before I post them. I guess I should learn to proofread things.

But I never have. In college, I wouldn't type my papers until the night before they were due. I would finish typing a mere 5 minutes before the class, then I would frantically try to print it and run to the classroom to turn it in on time.

I guess that part has spilled over into adulthood, because when I finish typing I still get into "frantic mode" and hurry to post it.

Beyond all my grammatical errors, there's another part of this blog I've been thinking about tweaking.

Does it annoy you that I call my husband, "Husband"?

Honestly, when I came up with the nickname, it was out of convenience. I was eager to post a blog, I needed something to call him, and I wanted to keep some form of anonymity on here.

I guess I had a couple options: I could of used his real name (it's pretty common and wouldn't have given much away...not to mention that half my readers are relatives and already know his name).

I could admit to the world that the name i call him the most is: monkey (which has devolved into monk). No real reason this started, except that he often reminds me of a monkey (orangutan to be exact)

or I could be uber lazy, not try to come up with a name, and just capitalize the first letter of what he technically is. (lets file that one under apathy+laziness, which coincidentally, is how one of my readers found my blog...hello!)

So there you go, I chose the quickest and easiest solution. Let's just be clear that I do NOT call him Husband in my non-cyber life. But does it bother you to read it?

I think we should all take a moment to suggest what I should call him from now on. You can still vote for Husband. You could even vote for Monk. OR, and this seems way more ridiculous (i.e.fun), you could suggest a new, completely random name. How about Leonard, or Thor?

I am embracing the election of '08 (only took me a year to get involved) and have decided that change IS coming to this blog, so please, make the difference. And let's hope it doesn't end up like either of these:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for "Lothar". You know... of the hill people.
-Jen

amber said...

I don't mind that you call him husband. I think it's cute!

Husband said...

You could call me Herschel. Either that or Kelly Clarkson.