Monday, June 7, 2010

Wow.

sure, i write hundreds of genius, awe-inspiring, thought-provoking posts and hear nothing from you people.
Seriously, crickets.
but slap a few dresses on here, and eeeeeeverybody's got an opinion.
and, i appreciate it! thank you.

ultimately, i have decided to keep all 3.
i mean, they're all cute.
they're already paid for. the money's already out of the account, and i could still afford gas if i needed it (though not much...). not to mention, my own mother is the one who told me not to take any back, and really she fully knows that she's the one i would call sniffly and crying, begging for money (yes, that's right ladies and gentleman, my mom comments on here as "the drama queen"... welcome to my world)
and the most expensive one was only $25.

maybe i just needed to get a little perspective.

I feel the need to explain why i am keeping each one. Not for you, but to convince myself that i am doing the right thing :) my cheap ass still needs persuading.

normally, i have to try something on before i buy it. but i loved this one without any proof that it would fit my body-type. i still love it, the pattern and halter cut are perfect for summer fun. I just hate that it was the priciest one, yet contains the least amount of fabric.

this is a horrible picture. the dress is already off the website, so i found this image from a random google search. Truthfully, i wanted it in navy blue. but my friends made me get green because a) redheads rock green like none other, and b) my instinct is to always buy navy blue. Seriously, 4 blue dresses in my closet already. honestly, if i were to take one back, it might have been this one, but since it's already offline, i am scared that it will be gone from the stores soon too, and i'll have missed by opportunity for a cute spaghetti strap ruffle dress (oh, the horror!)

Ok. LADIES, pay attention. I feel compelled to defend this dress choice. You guys voted this one off the island, but it might actually be the one i love the most.
it is my mission to convince all of you of the wonderfulness of the maxi dress (ie- long dress)
think about it, it's hot outside, you need to look cute, but GAH! you forgot to shave! you're legs are hairier than a polar bear. With this little gem, you can just slip it on, look great, feel comfy, and sit on the terrace drinking beer at sunset (well...those are my plans, you can do whatever you want with this). Seriously, i had a dress like this last summer, and it was perfect for when i was exhausted from work, but still needed to look semi-decent.
and i feel the need to reiterate, NO SHAVING!

so again, thank you all for your opinions and help. I really appreciate it, and i will think you fondly everytime i wear them.

No comments: