Friday, May 14, 2010

Three Words I Never Thought I'd Say.


I'm going camping.

Yep. In approximately 6 hours, I am loading up the suv with gear, food, enough beer to drown a short person... And enough bugspray to drown another person of small stature.

Somehow I got convinced that roughing it outdoors for 48hours would be a great idea. Honestly, I am just in it for the s'mores, and these little heavenly friends that i made yesterday (devil's food chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Wait, what were we talking about before? I lost my train of thought)

When I was a kid, our family went camping every summer. And I do have good memories from it, but i am pretty sure that I am repressing all the bad memories. The poison ivy. The mosquitoes. The Tics. THE FURRY CREATURES THAT GO "BUMP" IN THE NIGHT!!!

To be fair, I didn't drink beer as a child, and I think that will increase the fun-ness level of the trip exponentially.

And I did tech sleep outside, in sleeping bags in college. But I'm not sure that was 'camping', so much as it was passing-out while waiting in line for football tickets or concerts :)

So hopefully it goes well. I will be slathering myself in bug repellent, and hoping I don't become flammable...but staying far enough away from the campfire just to be sure.

But just so we're clear, I would much rather be here this weekend. That's the kind of tent I can definitely wrap my head around!

No comments: