Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I've Got the Age, Just Waiting for the Wisdom

My birthday is in a couple weeks. My parents keep asking what I want. Oddly enough, Husband hasn't asked me this question at all (ahem, ahem. cough, cough).

I have a slew of things I would like, but are completely unpractical at this moment. Be it either age, living conditions, or poverty.

I did, however, like the items enough to devote an entire 5 minutes to make a "You can't have any of This" collage.

Sigh.


Asking for practical gifts just doesn't seem as fun. But here are some things I'd like:

A haircut and pedicure.
A shopping spree (momma needs a new pair of shoes, and shirts, and pants...and home decor).

And the one big item I think I will be asking for this year?

A Cruiser Bike!


In Madison, everyone who is anyone has a bicycle. Granted, riding around town on a cheap beach cruiser will probably cause me to be the laughing stock of the "we spend thousands of dollars on our bike, and all we want to do is talk about it" crowd*. But I really don't care, I could definitely see myself on the cushy seat and ice cold six pack practical groceries in the basket.

I just hope Husband will install a little ring-ring bell on it.

*"Hey, let's talk about how small my carbon footprint is, and how that makes me a better person than you." Dorks.

No comments: