Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oops

Every dish in our house is dirty! For lunch, I ate cereal out of a coffee mug for two reasons: 1) it was the only food we currently have, and 2) it was the only clean vessel we had... and I used the last spoon to devour it.

Husband is in crazy mode as he finishes his papers and finals for the semester, and I am battling a wicked sinus infection that has caused me to be on lots of drugs and sleeping all the time... not unlike Courtney Love (geez, could i BE more outdated with my examples?!?!)

Anyway, Today's my day off and I decided to do ALL the dishes. It's a huge undertaking! Since I got married, I have 12 piece sets of highballs, old fashioned, pedestal glasses, salad plates, bowls, dinner plates, all kinds of silver/servingware (i could go on and on....and on)

Our cupboards are bare. There isn't a single clean dish left in our house, and we live in a shoebox. tiny! so of course there's no dishwasher! I have been handwashing dish after dish in our tiny sink. And i decided that for every load I wash, I get a glass of wine. Well, since we didn't have any clean wine glasses, i decided to use a beer mug (i didn't fill it, but still, it's a significant amount). I've done four loads of dishes, and am about 60% finished.

I am drunk.

This in itself is not a bad thing, but I have dinner plans tonight...

it's my day off, ask me if I've showered today? NO
Have I even brushed my teeth? washed face? course not
HAVE I EVEN PUT ON PANTS? umm, no. that would have required me to do laundry...

So now, I have to get ready while quite tipsy. It's not like this is the first time*, but I usually give myself beer (wine) googles and assume I look hot when actually, I look more like this:



Here's hoping tonight doesn't result in an epic fail.,

(and yes, it was really difficiult foe rme to type this correly c, I didn't spellchekc ihis part just so you wonuld know how i was atcually typing...)


*elle, if you read this, do you remember the night i showered THREE times since i didn't remember the first two?!?!

No comments: