Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Call Me Crafty

I've never had curtains. I've always wanted curtains, but laziness and poverty always prevented it. Recently, I figured out a way to make a set that I could afford.

I found a pair of matching rectangle tableclothes. Mine happened to be donated to me, but you could find a set at goodwill, or a tuesday morning-esk place (flat bed sheets would also work if you don't mind how sheer they are). I bought sewing tape since I can't sew, and bought an inexpensive rod and finials. Isn't that word fun? finials, finials, finials!

2 Tableclothes= free
Fabric Tape= $1.99
Curtain Rod= $19.99

Total Cost= $22.00

It took me 5 minutes to assemble the drapes, and about 20 for Husband and I to get them up on the window, and viola! instant curtains:





4 comments:

amber said...

I love 'em. They are so bright and fun!

Abby said...

The curtains are great! The husband kind of ruins the effect.

Abby said...

:P

Shellbell said...

so true. He claims he didn't see me take the pictures, or he would of moved. (It was a ginormous camera, and the flash did nothing to dissuade him)