Saturday, May 16, 2009

I Wish I had Balls

In general, I avoid adult sports teams at all costs. To me, it's just a bunch of formerly mediocre, overly competitive jocks who take it as an opportunity to brag about their heyday. I always enjoyed playing on teams, but only as the comic relief. I always assumed that once you reached adulthood, sports teams only existed so you could stroke your own ego.

And yet, I really want to join an Adult Kickball League.
I wasn't so sure about it, until I walked by a game being played at the park and saw the outfielders struggling to get the keg set-up behind first base. My kinda sport. Besides, anything that I can wear loudly colored knee socks to is my idea of a great afternoon.

Husband wasn't so into the idea, so I left him. Not in real life, just in kickball terms. You do what you have to for the game right? The sport is life... or something like that (I'm sure Gatorade said it at one point or another, back-off)

So I've left him to build my own team. And since I'm still relatively new in town [sidenote: will i still be able to say that once i've lived here a year? Its fastly approaching...], I decided to call upon my co-workers.
I've almost convinced them that this is a brilliant idea. Of course, we were all drinking pitchers when I suggested it, but still, they seemed on board.

We will find some bar to sponsor us...and hopefully provide us with complementary refreshments afterwards (it's all about hydration right?), my stripey knee socks will prove to be the good luck charm than clenches the pennant for us (if such a thing exists), and my red hair will temporarily blind all opponents, thus rendering them unable to see the ball, and me being elected VIP of the season!

A girl can dream right?

and if any co-workers read this [cough,cough] i think they still need teams for the fall

1 comment:

amber said...

I think that would be so much fun. I wish we had a kickball league here!