Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend Recap

What's that? i promised you a recap of my weekend, and i'm actually going to follow-through and provide it? whoa. is the sky falling? do you even know what to do with yourself now??

This year was an interesting easter. I didn't have any plans whatsoever and was bummed about the concept of spending it alone and basically glossing-over the holiday.

enter lisa.
I've known this girl for longer than i'd like to admit (15 years... it makes me realize that i am, in fact, aging and am not the youthful adolescent i picture myself as). she's just so lucky that i befriended her in a middle school science class, and i'm sure she tells herself that everyday.

in high school we were totally "bffs4eva!" back when we knew everything there was to know about anything. and i occasionally weasel my way back into her life when i can :)

since i suck, i didn't take any pictures of her and i this weekend(or of any human for that matter, but i am now the proud owner of 22 pictures of their dog)

so instead, i used my amazing talents and microsoft paint to create an artist's rendering of what we look like:
as you can see:
i'm taller.
she's tanner.
i'm a little more hippie.
she's a little more cosmopolitan. (which i have clearly illustrated in the garment choices)

Anyway, lisa was nice enough to invite me to her and dave's place in chicago for easter.

It was them, their family, and me. Fortunately, i have years of experience sneaking my way into her family's functions, so this was nothing new (nothing like a traditional passover meal with the token irish redhead...)

i had a blast. I was basically in chicago for 24hours. within moments of arriving, champagne corks were popped. then gossip was passed. more drinking ensued. and at some point i ate enough to match my caloric intake for an entire month.

Dave cooked us an amazing meal on sat night, and then we went to brunch on easter where we sat next to a real live celebrity (i know. my life is so glamorous. hobnobbing with celebs and whatnot.)

although i only stayed for one night, my suitcase looked as though i planned on staying for 10. and i'm pretty sure i managed to try on everything i brought...twice. don't judge.

I always have so much fun when i visit them, and then i kick myself for not going more often
(i am averaging about once a year. for some reason i always make the drive from madtown to chicago seem like a bigger deal than it is. it's only 120 miles, 2 hours. I need to take advantage of my unemployed, leisure lifestyle, and get back there sooner than later.)

so thanks again lisa and dave! and next time, dinner's on me!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're very welcome! And what a fabulous outfit you've given me.