Friday, March 5, 2010

Olfactory Dilemma.

Many moons ago, i worked at victoria's secret.
(it didn't last very long. my entire paycheck was immediately reinvested in the store. plus working retail sucks)

However, during my time there i fell in love.

With a perfume.

it was love at first sniff. Dream Angels: Halo became my official scent.
I love it and it loved me.

Then, disaster struck. I was mingling through the store one day (a few years later) and found all the halo products sitting in a bin. Just cast aside, like an unwanted pet.

I asked the sales associate why they were in the bin (and, ridiculously underpriced) and she said, "oh, they're discontinuing that scent. We're trying to get rid of the rest"

WHAAAAAAAAT?

you're...you're getting RID of it?!?!?
but, that's my scent. MY scent.

I panicked, and bought 4 bottles that day.
and have been rationing it ever since.

But alas, nothing lasts forever, and am i getting towards the end of my last, coveted bottle.

and i am realizing i have two choices here:
  1. i can live in denial, and keep buying this scent (for too much money) off hoarders on ebay
  2. OR, i can put on my big-girl pants, suck it up, and find a new perfume.
So that's what i think i'm going to do.
It will take me awhile, i'm very choosey. but i am a serial monogamist. Once we find each other, it will last for years. when i first started wearing scents, i was hooked on cool water. then halo. next....who knows?

so if you have any that you love, please share the wealth and pass the info along.
and i'll be sure an notify you when my new love and i find each other.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I've been wearing Burberry London for a few years now and love it! It's kind of expensive, so I usually wait and ask for it for Christmas or my birthday.

amber said...

I wear a type of Lucky perfume. Can't remember what it's called.

I also like Delicious by DKNY!

Ali said...

Miss Dior Cherie, by Dior. And Gucci Rush. I think that so much of perfume is having good associations..I wear the Gucci for special nights out, so when I put it on it FEELS like a special night. I too am very monogamous with my scents and have religiously stuck with these for years (with the exception of hot summer nights, when I can't help but wear JLo Miami Glow. I know, it sounds so lame, but I get tons of compliments on it. It's delicious)

Anonymous said...

I'm a Coco Chanel girl myself - the original, not the Mademoiselle. But I don't think that's your style...

Lisa said...

I've always done Shi by Alfred Sung, but lately, I've been splashing on Philosophy's Inner Grace just because it came as part of a gift set. I'm kinda in the market for a new scent myself.